This one-on-one remote coaching plan is intended for instrument rating students who already have a solid foundation in the basic maneuvers and mechanics of instrument flying (such as flying holds and approaches), but would like to put everything together in a scenario-based environment using online ATC.
Syllabus Option A — PilotEdge ZLA Coverage Area
In the ZLA coverage area, we recommend utilizing the PilotEdge I-Rating Flights as a coaching plan.
Syllabus Option B — PilotEdge Western Coverage Area
- IFR-1: Basic vectored IFR flight (PAE-PAE, round robin with ILS approach)
- IFR-2: Basic IFR flight planning and ILS approach (PAE-BFI)
- IFR-3: Basic IFR flight planning and RNAV approach (BFI-OLM)
- IFR-4: IFR flight planning with Victor airways (OLM-PAE) and flying a published hold
- IFR-5: IFR flight from OLM to BFI
- IFR-6: Multiple approaches at PAE and S43, including an intro to DME arcs and missed approaches
- IFR-7: PAE-PWT, missed approach, diversion to Seatac (SEA)
- IFR-8: Advanced IFR operations. ELN-YKM-ELN, covering uncontrolled airport IFR departures, an Obstacle Departure Procedure (ODP) out of ELN, the LOC/DME BC B approach at YKM, and the YKM GROMO 4 departure (a SID containing a DME ARC).