Learn to fly the Airbus A320 series in your sim. The right way.
With a systematic program and one-on-one guidance from an expert instructor, you will be able to reach your virtual piloting goals quicker than you ever imagined.
Is this course for you?
Perhaps you recently installed one of the “study level” Airbus A320 add-ons (such as the Fenix A320 for MSFS or Aerosoft A320/A321 for Prepar3D), but you aren’t sure where to begin. Maybe you would like to fly on an online ATC network (such as VATSIM or PilotEdge), but you’re overwhelmed by the FMS, as well as IFR flight planning and communications.
Indeed, there is a lot to learn to be able to successfully operate a realistic airliner simulator. Real airline pilots often have 1000+ hours of flight experience before stepping into their first simulator, and undergo weeks of intensive ground school and various levels of procedures simulator training.
However, thousands of hobbyist simmers around the world like yourself have learned how to successfully. It’s very much possible and a highly rewarding experience.
The power of 1-on-1 instruction
By working with a real-life flight instructor, you will be able to achieve your virtual aviation goals as quickly as possible. Instead of spending hundreds of hours watching YouTube tutorials, you can learn real-world procedures in an efficient, structured, and targeted manner with an actual airline pilot by your side.
We have designed our virtual A320-type rating course to cover the most essential pieces required for you to successfully operate the Airbus A320.
Imagine being able to confidently log into VATSIM, request your IFR clearance, and program the FMS without a second thought. Maybe you can join a virtual airline or participate in intense fly-in events such as Cross the Pond to be part of the community. All of this will be within your reach after completing your virtual type rating!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any prerequisites? In order to complete the type rating within the estimated amount of time, we require that you first have basic aircraft handling skills & knowledge of flight instruments and navigation. Ideally, you would also be familiar with some basic IFR concepts. If you’re not, we would recommend performing some preparatory training in a general aviation aircraft with one of our instructors to build a solid foundation.
- Do I need any add-ons? Yes; if you are using MSFS you must be using the Fenix A320 add-on. If you’re using Prepar3D, you must be using the Aerosoft A320/A321 add-on. The reason is that our instructors will be training you using real-world procedures, and the default aircraft systems in X-Plane/MSFS fall short in many areas which are addressed with these add-ons. You also will need an active Navigraph charts subscription.
- Am I guaranteed to finish in a certain number of hours? The number of hours will depend on your starting skills/knowledge, how much solo practice/study you can do, and how quickly you progress.
- Can the syllabus be adapted? Absolutely. While the syllabus is a good starting point, it can be adapted to suit your specific background and interests.
- Is there any real-world training credit available for this course? No. This course is to be used for entertainment purposes only. Flight Sim Coach is not associated with Airbus or any of its official training courses. If you are a real-world airline pilot in training, this course is not for you; please consult your airline’s official training materials.
- I already know the basics of flying the A320. Can you help advance my skills? Definitely. While this course may not be the best fit for you, we recommend scheduling a consult with one of our instructors to develop a custom-made coaching plan to suit your needs.