If you’re like many of our students, you recently purchased a flight simulator after hearing how it can aid your flight training and make you a more proficient pilot.
We get it. You’re an aspiring pilot…but perhaps not much of a computer whiz or gamer.
Maybe you’ve installed X-Plane, but you’re overwhelmed by basic things—like how to interact with cockpit controls and set your views. Or perhaps you’ve also wondered how to optimize your simulator’s performance by tweaking graphics settings.
If so, this class is perfect for you!
It’s a unique opportunity for you to learn X-Plane in a live, online classroom setting—with an expert instructor.
- Getting Started: Learn how to calibrate your flight controls and optimize control sensitivities
- Graphics: Understand frame rate and the factors that affect it
- Cockpit Interaction: Learn how to interact with the cockpit (zooming, panning, and radio tuning)
- Training tools: Intro to replay mode and online ATC
- Q&A: With any remaining time, we will answer your questions about X-Plane!
Note: This class is focused on the operation of the simulator, not techniques for actually flying the aircraft.
What our prior students had to say:
- Well, first off, it was FREE. Haha. I am brand new to flight sim and whoever’s idea this class was is brilliant. The flight sims are so shockingly complex and getting a “jumpstart” on them was AWESOME!
- Hi Mike, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for today’s class. Job well done, very professional
- Good overview for a newbie. Excellent interaction and realtime answering questions.
- Very helpful explanations and tips. Well presented.
- The instructor was knowledgeable and did a good job with the presentation. I enjoyed learning some of the inner workings of X-Plane, beyond basic setup. I didn’t know the GTN 650 was an add on, or even what a plug-in option was. Thanks to this class I was able to get the GTN installed, along with finally being able to sync up with ForeFlight on my iPad. Very helpful! I fly a C172 with both of these, so this makes my sim a more valuable tool.
- Non-technical language used in the presentation, directly covered some of the specific questions I had. The reference sheets are very useful.
- Good job covering the basics and tips, tricks presented for both classes!
Each class is conducted in a group format on Zoom. The instructor will use screen sharing to perform demonstrations. If you have your own simulator, we highly encourage you to follow along with the instructor.
Webcam/microphone use is not required. You are welcome to use the chat feature in Zoom to ask questions throughout.
Give it as a gift