Intended audience and outcome
This one-on-one remote coaching plan is intended for instrument rating students who have not yet started their real-world training. The intended outcome is to provide a solid foundation of the scan pattern required to fly in instrument flight conditions (including in partial panel conditions), as well as a basic understanding of IFR clearances, VOR/GPS navigation, and the ability to properly enter and fly a holding pattern.
Time and cost to complete
7.5 hours. The cost is dependent on the hourly rate of your chosen flight instructor.
- Session 1 90 mins Basic attitude instrument flying and basic IFR clearances
- Session 2 90 mins Partial panel & unusual attitudes
- Session 3 90 mins VOR/GPS navigation, intercepting and tracking courses and airways
- Session 4 90 mins Holding patterns (direct entry)
- Session 5 90 mins Holding patterns (teardrop and parallel entry)
Featured Ground School Course
Sporty’s Instrument Rating Course: “Ace your FAA written test, save money during flight lessons, and become a better IFR pilot with Sporty’s complete Instrument Rating Course.”