Why purchase a package?
- In addition to the significant discount compared to individual sessions, packages tend to result in better learning outcomes due to the ability for guided repetition over multiple sessions, as well as the support offered between sessions.
- Receive a video recording of each session. An invaluable tool to debrief your lessons in detail.
- Save time. Pay once, instead of before each session.
How does it work?
- We recommend beginning with a consultation call with the instructor who appears best suited for your goals. You can discuss an appropriate training plan for your circumstances, scheduling availability, and ensure your setup is viable for remote coaching.
- After you have chosen a flight instructor, you can purchase a package of training time. You have the option to select a training syllabus at the time of purchase, although you’re not locked into this plan – you and your instructor are free to modify it.
- What happens after you purchase? You will have access to your online portal where you can schedule your flight instructor and see the number of hours remaining.
- After your first lesson, you may request your instructor to provide you with suggested homework and practice scenarios. If you give us permission, we are happy to record a video of the session so you can review it as many times as you would like.
- You can use the flight simulator of your choice. (Note: X-Plane is our preferred platform from a training perspective)
- Ensure your internet upload speed is at least 2 Mbps. If it’s not, we can recommend alternative solutions that will allow us to share your cockpit view.
- We typically use Zoom for sharing your screen and audio. Ensure you have a working microphone that we can use for clear communication. We recommend testing your audio prior to our first session by conducting a Zoom test call. Use of webcams is at your discretion.
- By working together, you understand that our remote coaching service is not considered to be loggable flight, simulator, or ground instruction. It is solely a supplemental coaching service that is not a substitute for formal in-aircraft training or ground instruction with the certified flight instructor who will be signing your logbook.
- Cancellation policy: For cancellations with less than 24 hours of notice, we reserve the right to charge 50% of the scheduled time of the lesson.
Switching among flight instructors
While consistency is very important for student pilots, once you have some experience, there are advantages to working with different instructors to learn from fresh perspectives.
6-hour packs are usable only with the instructor you choose at the time of purchase, except in extenuating circumstances.
If you purchase a 12-hour pack, you receive lifetime access to utilize any purchased coaching hours (including subsequently-purchased 6-hour packs) with any of our instructors, allowing you to mix and match to learn from a variety of perspectives.
Because each flight instructor charges their own hourly rate, the number of remaining coaching hours usable with a different instructor may be higher or lower than with the instructor you initially chose. In your portal, you will be able to automatically see how many hours of coaching you have on account if all of your hours were used with each different instructor.
Note: If you want to use flight instructors who charge in different currencies, the number of remaining coaching hours with those instructors will be calculated based on the exchange rate posted on the 1st of the current month.
Questions before you purchase?
Please contact us directly at email@example.com