Learn how to talk to ATC like a pro in situations that many student pilots won’t experience until they’re 30+ hours into training. This package will give you the opportunity to practice your radio calls and airspace procedures over and over again. Once you get into the airplane, ATC communications will be second nature, and you can focus on flying.
Training will be adapted to your local airport, your prior experience, and any topics you would like to focus on. We may take a detour to some other airports to practice concepts that are not possible at your home airport.
Why purchase a package?
- Receive a video recording of each session. An invaluable tool to debrief your lessons in detail.
- Personalized pre-flight and offline guided flight assignments to help you prepare for the lesson and reinforce the skills you have learned.
- Save time. Pay once, instead of before each session.
- Ground operations & runway incursion avoidance (1.5 hours):
- Learn how to request taxi clearances, read back instructions, and handle last minute changes
- Interpreting airport signage and markings
- Briefing taxi using airport diagram
- Hotspots and runway incursion avoidance
- Intersection departures
- Traffic pattern procedures (1.5 hours):
- Traffic pattern modification instructions
- Safe habits for traffic scanning
- Various types of landing clearances
- Go arounds
- Flight following (1.5 hours):
- Airspace considerations
- ATC radar capabilities and basic radar services
- ATC separation standards
- Finding frequencies to get flight following
- In-flight traffic information
- Visually finding aircraft based on ATC traffic point outs
- Entering the pattern at your destination
- Uncontrolled airport operations (1.5 hours):
- CTAF procedures and proper radio reports
- Best practices for uncontrolled airports
- Student pilots who are not yet confident with ATC communications
- Flight sim enthusiasts who want to fly VFR on PilotEdge or VATSIM