Save $1000 on your training.
Utilize your home sim to save cost and improve your confidence
The average time to get a private pilot certificate is 60-75 hours, yet the FAA only requires 40 hours. Is it possible to finish closer in closer to the minimum number of hours, while not sacrificing training quality?
Suppose conservatively that with 20 hours of remote flight sim coaching, and substantial “solo” simulator practice, you could shave off 10 hours of real-world aircraft training time (costing around $2000 total).
Spending 20 hours of remote simulator instruction at $50/hour (for a total of $1000), means that effective simulator coaching could save you a net total of: $2000 (airplane cost) – $1000 (remote sim coaching cost) = $1000!
Additionally, by using your flight sim to learn topics such as ATC communications, checklists, navigation, etc., your mind and training time will be freed up to focus on the things that can only be practiced effectively in the real aircraft (such as landings), allowing you to get the biggest ROI on each moment spent in the airplane.
Improved training quality and efficiency
Aside from the cost advantages, desktop simulation offers many other benefits that will improve your flight training experience.
- The power of “pause”. Unlike in real-world training where it’s not possible to do an in-depth debriefing until you’re on the ground (and probably an hour has passed!), in the sim, we can pause at any point to discuss a maneuver in-depth or help you fully understand a confusing concept. This is extremely powerful, and it is one of the reasons that each hour of simulator coaching can be far more impactful than an hour of real-world instruction.
- Improved confidence. You can efficiently practice procedures many times before you ever step in a real aircraft, and learn to handle situations that are much more difficult that you could safely or reliably practice in real life. After all, this is how the airlines approach training – and for a good reason!
- After your training session, you will have an effective platform for solo practice at home. In any weather. At any time of day. At zero cost to you.
- Scheduling flexibility and consistency. Pre-solo training at night? This is no problem in your home sim, where we control the environment. In certain parts of the world with inclement weather conditions, it could take weeks to schedule the same amount of training we can do in a matter of days.
- Your home sim is a more relaxed environment than the real airplane, leading to improved learning. Train in the comfort of your own home, in a stress-free, turbulence-free environment where you can pause the simulation at any sign of doubt and instantly get a clear explanation from your CFI.
- With a remote coach by your side, you will held accountable to practice and consider real-world procedures and airmanship principles – for example, clearing turns and constant engine out landing site awareness.
- Some clients find that simply having someone observe them helps to create a more focused environment while they’re flying their sim.
- You can start practicing procedures and maneuvers while you’re studying for your written knowledge exams, making the information you’re learning more meaningful.
- Finally, with desktop simulation, it is far easier to conduct Scenario-Based Training, given the ability to set any scenario on demand (weather, aircraft loading, airport, etc.).