MSFS Setup and Fundamentals Course
Master the settings used to configure your simulator, learn how to set up flights, understand camera configurations, and grasp other essential simulator skills.
Microsoft Flight Simulator: Set Up Your Sim and Master the Basics Quickly.
Getting started in flight simulation can be overwhelming. This course changes that.
If you're like many of our students, you recently purchased MSFS but you're unsure how to set up and optimize the simulator.
We understand. You're an aspiring pilot, but perhaps not much of a computer enthusiast or gamer.
Maybe you've installed Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS), but you're overwhelmed by basic things like how to interact with cockpit controls and set your views. Or perhaps you've also wondered how to optimize your simulator’s performance by tweaking graphics settings.
If so, this course is perfect for you!
Join flight instructor Jesse Ekkerd for this detailed introduction to MSFS. This video-based course, with exceptional production quality, can be watched on-demand. Jesse's friendly, step-by-step approach will help you master the basics of MSFS in no time.
What this course is: A detailed look into MSFS settings and how to navigate the user interface. It will allow you to understand what the different options do and how to optimize your setup. It's a systematic way to understand this powerful software, especially if you're new to flight simulation.
What it's not: This course will not cover how to fly the aircraft, or content specific to particular aircraft types. It does not cover specific hardware components or add-ons.
What do prior students have to say about it?
- "Instructor is extremely well informed and knowledgeable about the software, and is very articulate and clearly spoken couldn’t think of a better instructor." — Gus K.
- "The MSFS Setup course by Jesse is GREAT !! He has done an excellent job of walking through all the options you have and how to tailor them to your specific goals. I have almost 700 hours in MSFS 2020 and I learned much about the sometimes challenging menus within the 'game'. Choices abound! Just the section on tailoring your flight control hardware was worth the entire cost of the course."— Robert H.
- "I am an old timer with Microsoft's Flight Simulator software and I learned a great deal about MSFS 2020 from this course." — Bob M.
- "Very useful course for those who want to familiarize with msfs. I learnt a few useful tips." — Jamil
- "I viewed the MSFS Setup and Fundamentals course today. I’m a retired airline pilot and have been using MSFS since it was released, so I was reasonably familiar with it. However your course was a great refresher and I picked up a lot of new information. I’ve been through a LOT of aviation training, US Air Force and Airlines, and I think the trainer and content organization of your course are excellent. Thanks for producing such a good product. I will be recommending it to four of my flight sim friends today." — John Shriner